Saw palmetto works in a similar manner as the medication finasteride, which is used to treat hair loss and an enlarged prostate. You should not take them together, unless directed by your doctor. Saw palmetto may reduce the effectiveness of oral contraceptives because it interacts with hormones.
Where To Buy?
Find out the relevant products below and buy Saw Palmetto.
- NATURAL HAIR GROWTH: 4 capsules per day of this clinically effective hair supplement promotes visibly thicker hair growth and more scalp coverage using 23 medical-grade, natural ingredients.
- SUPPORTS HORMONE HEALTH: Improves hair growth by targeting root causes of thinning hair for women in peri- and postmenopause–like hormone shifts and metabolism. With natural ingredients that support better sleep, energy, mood, and healthy aging.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN TO IMPROVE HAIR GROWTH: 100% of women showed improved hair growth after 9 months, 93% saw less dryness and brittleness, and 93% felt their hair looked healthier after 6 months. Results may vary.
- THE #1 DERMATOLOGIST-RECOMMENDED HAIR GROWTH SUPPLEMENT BRAND*: Grow with the brand trusted by leading dermatologists to improve hair growth naturally. *According to IQVIA Provoice survey for 12 months ending March 31, 2022.
- AWARD-WINNING FORMULA: Winner of the Best Anti-Aging Hair Supplement of 2021 Award from Harper’s Bazaar.
- Get The Healthy and Thick Hair of Your Dreams: Looking for a way of restoring your hair’s natural beauty and shine without investing in expensive professional products or salons? Would you like to maintain optimal hydration levels and stronger roots? This rice water shampoo for hair growth is the perfect choice!
- Premium Ingredients: This rice water hair growth shampoo for Men and Women is made using finest quality, carefully selected natural ingredients, blending rice, citrus reticulata peel , and ginger root into a powerful formula with no parabens or nasties!
- Intense Hydration: This fermented rice water shampoo for hair growth provides excellent moisturizing properties and keeps the hair well hydrated for longer, leaving behind a smooth, silky and shiny hair you will absolutely love!
- Thickening and Hair Loss Shampoo Treatment : With powerful active ingredients rich in essential hair nutrients, packed with vitamins and minerals, this rice water shampoo strengthens the roots, protects the hair from external damage and fights hair loss!
- Refreshing Fragrance: Unlike similar products on the market, this hair shampoo for hair growth enjoys a delightful fragrance that will pamper your senses while leaving your hair with that fresh sensation for longer!
- NON-DAMAGING CLEAN: Sulfate-free shampoo for softer, more manageable hair. This natural shampoo eliminates frizz and increases shine, hair and scalp health.
- THOUGHTFULLY MADE & VEGAN: This premium shampoo for men has no animal ingredients or testing. It is paraben-free, sulfate-free, phthalate-free, silicone-free, petrolatum-free, and contains no PEGs, mineral oil, or synthetic colors. Ideal for thick, wavy, curly, dry, textured or natural men's hair.
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Kale protein and white willow bark fight signs of damage and dryness, including flakes and dandruff. Infused with horsetail extract for healthy hair follicles and growth.
- EASY TO USE: After shampooing, apply to damp hair, paying special attention to the ends. For best results, follow with Scotch Porter Smoothing Hair Balm and Hair Serum.
- MANLY SCENT: This conditioner for men is scented to be masculine and invigorating. Contains notes of eucalyptus, citrus, bergamot, cardamom, lavender, geranium, amber, cedarwood, patchouli, and musk.
Alternative Product Link:if you don’t find Saw Palmetto in the above list.
We found these products are better alternative or related to Saw Palmetto.
Does Saw Palmetto Work for Hair Loss?
Saw Palmetto hair loss treatments are becoming increasingly popular amongst consumers who want to restore their hair naturally. This article will discuss hair loss, and how Saw Palmetto hair loss products can help.
The most common type of baldness in men is known as male-pattern baldness. The scientific term is actually Androgenetic Alopecia. This type of hair thinning is characterized by the distinctive ‘M’ shape as the male hairline recedes.
You might not know that women can also suffer from the same condition, and it is called female-pattern baldness. The hormone dihydrotestosterone DHT is thought to be responsible for hair loss.
Baldness begins when the DHT levels in the scalp are too high. The hormone attaches itself to the hair follicles and the follicles shrink, causing the hair to thin.
Treatment for this condition is possible, but without some form of action the hair will eventually disappear completely over time. Decreasing the DHT levels is one form of treatment for baldness.
There are a number of medications that can be used to reduce the body’s DHT levels. Unfortunately, many of these treatments are prescription drugs and they often have side effects, including erectile dysfunction and chest pains.
Many people who are looking for a cure for their thinning hair are not happy to take these risks, and are looking for more natural hair loss solutions.
What Exactly Is Saw Palmetto?
Saw palmetto is an herbal supplement that is primarily used by men for a number of different medical issues. It is most commonly used to help treat prostate issues like BPH or benign prostatic hyperplasia, which is a noncancerous enlargement of the prostate.
There are some other uses as well and some of the more common uses would be treatment for:
- Prostate cancer
- Preparation for prostate surgery
- Underactive bladder
- Urinary tract infections
- Male pattern baldness
How Saw Palmetto Helps to Treat Hair Loss
There are a number of different causes of hair loss including hormonal imbalances, medication side effects, illness etc. but the most common cause of hair loss in men is androgenic alopecia, or male pattern baldness.
Male pattern baldness is triggered by DHT, or dihydrotestosterone which is converted from testosterone and because saw palmetto is thought to block some of the effects of testosterone, it is used as a treatment for male pattern baldness.
Saw palmetto is usually taken orally in pill form rather than being used in shampoos or other products that are applied directly to the scalp. More studies are required to prove its effectiveness, but many people use saw palmetto to stop hair loss.
How Much Saw Palmetto Extract Should Someone Take?
If you are taking a saw palmetto supplement, you should follow the instructions on the label. However, an average dosage would be 160 mg twice per day, or 320 mg once per day. If you’re using saw palmetto for prostate problems your dosage may be a little higher.
It’s a good idea to start with a low dosage for a few days to make sure you aren’t experiencing any adverse effects then, gradually increase your dosage. Of course it is also a good idea to consult your physician before attempting to diagnose or treat any medical condition.
Can Women Take Saw Palmetto?
So far we have been talking mostly about the way saw palmetto can help men, not only with hair loss but also prostate problems and some other issues.
Some women do take saw palmetto to help with thinning hair but there have not been any studies to show if women do in fact benefit from using this herbal supplement as a hair loss treatment.
Last update on 2022-03-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API