Men's Rogaine Hair Loss and Hair Regrowth Treatment

Rogaine is one medicine widely used today to help in hair re-growth. It is available over the counter and doesn’t require any prescription. It opens up the capillaries on the scalp and increases the blood circulation in the hair follicles, which result into boosting the hair growth.

Visit Amazon Site

A lot of people seem to debate about does Rogaine work. You’ll find this controversy or question raised all over the internet. Rogaine is one medicine which is widely used to help in hair re-growth. So, its efficacy is also a topic widely talked about.

The active ingredient of this medicine is minoxidil. This amount of this chemical is 2% – 5% in the drug. Initially, it was used as a medicine for high blood pressure but when a research was done on the users the researchers found out that 80% of the users have experienced new hair growth and in that way Rogaine was discovered for hair.

But still, there was a problem. How can it be made sure that the medicine will work on the targeted or necessary area? Another set of problem is the person who has used Rogaine for high blood pressure and experienced hair re-growth will definitely say that it works but then human body is a very complex machine and the result is bound to vary from each one to another one.

So keeping that in mind the companies brought a new version of Rogaine in the market and that had 5% of Minoxidil. This new stronger version is said to be more effective for people who are suffering from hair loss. But there are problems with this version also.

The people who took part in the trial of the product were not unanimous about the result or effectiveness. 55% of the people said that it worked for them but the rest 45% were not satisfied with the product. Then a specific treatment system was initiated through which Rogaine can be used for the hair growth on the specific area.

It is available over the counter and does not need any prescription. It opens up the capillaries on the scalp and increases the blood circulation in the hair follicles, which result into boosting the hair growth.

Another theory states that the minoxidil which is the main active agent of this medicine acts as a potassium channel and creates a completely new substance called VEGF (Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor) that keeps the blood vessels healthy and that helps the hair follicles to grow better and stay healthy.

How Does Rogaine Work

Aging, hormones, and heredity can cause a progressive shrinking of the hair follicles. This miniaturization eventually stops the growth of hair from the follicle. Rogaine works by revitalizing hair follicles that are shrunken.

With regular use of Rogaine, the follicles grow larger and the period of the growing phase of the hair is longer. This results in the production of thicker and longer hair.

Rogaine is believed to open up potassium channels in the cells, which subsequently improve hair growth. Rogaine can reduce hair loss and control thinning on the crown of the head. Rogaine cannot grow hair on completely bald spots and receding hairlines in the front.

How to Use Rogaine

Rogaine needs to be used twice daily for the most effective results. The product has to be used continuously and results are seen in four to six months.

Apply a grape sized amount of Rogaine foam on to fingers and massage into the crown area twice a day. One needs to, however, wait for a few minutes for the product to soak in to further apply any styling product.

The Rogaine lotion also needs to be applied twice a day for best results, once after the morning shower and once before bedtime. It is recommended that there is a four-hour gap between any two applications.

It is advised that women who are pregnant or nursing should avoid using Rogaine. People with heart disease should also refrain from using Rogaine. It is a good idea not to use Rogaine in case the scalp is severely irritated or infected or if allergic to minoxidil.

The product is not recommended for use by individuals under 18 years of age.

Pros

  • Rogaine foam can be quickly and easily used.
  • Rogaine can be applied on all areas of the scalp.
  • It has got a pleasant fragrance.

Cons

  • Rogaine cannot grow hair on completely bald scalps.
  • Local skin irritation and redness are possible.
  • The product is flammable.

Review Video

Rogaine Hair Regrowth Treatment For Men