Aldactone is a diuretic and a potent anti-androgen that was originally used to treat high blood pressure. Its current applications also include the treatment of adult acne, seborrhoea, excess body hair and hereditary form of hair loss in women also known as female pattern baldness.
Where To Buy?
Find out the relevant products below and buy Aldactone Spironolactone.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- DONALD, MARK (Author)
- NATURAL HAIR GROWTH: Four capsules per day of this clinically effective hair supplement promotes stronger hair growth and less shedding using 21 medical-grade, natural ingredients.
- WHOLE-BODY WELLNESS: Improves hair growth by targeting the multiple root causes of thinning, including stress and nutrition, from within. Clinically tested ingredients help support overall wellness for better sleep, energy, mood, and skin health.
- 60 Billion Cfus Max Strength: Our probiotic actually contains 60 Billion Cfus per serving. Other brands claim it, but beware of deception. Some products say "equivalent to" or do not state an amount of Cfus. We saw a need for high-quality supplements that actually work and stand by their claims. Our most popular probiotic brings you exactly what's on the label with 10 probiotic strains, 60 Billion Cfu, and an organic prebiotic blend.
- Probiotics and Organic Prebiotics: Our Doctor-Approved probiotics are made with prebiotics and probiotics based on clinical research. A complete probiotic supplement for ultimate digestive health. Made with 10 probiotic strains & Non-Gmo ingredients. Shelf-stable vegan probiotics with No: unnecessary binders, soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, peanuts, shellfish or preservatives.
Alternative Product Link:if you don’t find Aldactone Spironolactone in the above list.
We found these products are better alternative or related to Aldactone Spironolactone.
Buy generic Aldactone (spironolactone)
Spironolactone, the only active substance of Aldactone, binds to the androgen receptor in the hair follicle and thus prevents it from interacting with DHT. This metabolite of the male hormone testosterone is also present in females, causing the miniaturization of their hair follicles and eventually leading to hair loss.
Oral spironolactone is considered to be currently the most powerful treatment for female hair loss, like finasteride (Propecia) is for men. Due to its strong feminizing effects oral spironolactone (Aldactone) should only be prescribed to adult women.
Male patients wishing to use this medication to promote new hair growth may only use topical applications of this drug. The oral form of spironolactone is also available as non-branded generic Aldactone, containing 25mg and 100mg of active ingredient in one pill, whereas for treating hair loss 100mg pills are typically used.
How Generic Aldactone (Spironolactone) Works?
Spironolactone is the only active substance of the branded drug Aldactone, a diuretic (water pill) originally designed to treat high blood pressure, fluid retention, heart failure, low potassium levels, cirrhosis of the liver and kidney disease.
Spironolactone can also be used in combination with other medications to treat precocious puberty (early onset of puberty in children) and myasthenia gravis (a disease in which the nerves do not function properly and patient experiences weakness, numbness and loss of muscle control, problems with vision and speech and the loss of control over ones bladder).
However, due to its anti-androgenic effects, spironolactone is these days also used to treat hormonal acne, hirsutism (excess body hair) and hair loss in women and it can be employed as one of the hormone replacement drugs in combination with estrogens to support the sex reassignment therapy in male-to-female transsexuals.
When it comes to treating hair loss, spironolactone works by inhibiting the androgen production and by binding to the androgen receptors in hair follicles.
By doing so, it prevents the androgen receptors in hair follicles from interacting with dihydrotestosterone (DHT) while also reducing DHT levels in the body and so protects the hair follicles from damage caused by DHT.
DHT, a biologically active metabolite of the male hormone testosterone, happens to be the main cause of baldness in female hair loss patients, as the woman’s body also produces the male hormone testosterone. Due to its strong feminizing effects (transvestites use it for this purpose), spironolactone is only suitable for adult women who do not want to become pregnant.
If treatment with Aldactone (spironolactone) is interrupted, the DHT levels rise and the androgen receptors in the hair follicles become free to interact with DHT and the balding process resumes.
Who Orders Generic Aldactone Online
Although Aldactone is in terms of its benefits in treating baldness in women as potent as Propecia is in men not too many dermatologists are aware of this fact.
Additionally, many countries have not approved Aldactone or spironolactone at all. Such patients have no other option than to buy cheap generic Aldactone online. No one can blame them for doing so as it is their only option to deal with their plague.
No woman likes to be viewed as bald or live with pimples till her early fifties. Our female customers can rest assured that they can order Aldactone safely from us and at a great discount to the price of the proprietary drug and have it delivered in discreet packaging directly to their post box to the most places on earth.
Applications and Dosage of Generic Aldactone (Spironolactone)
Take this medication exactly as prescribed with food or milk to minimize stomach upset. Do not skip doses or increase the dose without your doctor’s approval. Because this drug is a diuretic it may increase urination, so avoid taking a dose right before bedtime. If you miss a dose do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
When it comes to treating female pattern baldness the recommended doses of spironolactone are usually either 100mg or 200mg daily, while the more common dose of the two, in order to affect hair re-growth, appears to be 200mg taken in two equal doses of 100mg. Although spironolactone is not an FDA-approved medication for treating hair loss, it is often being prescribed off-label and used as such.
Therefore, you should always consult your doctor before deciding on your treatment. Typically the treatment starts with much smaller doses of 25mg daily and the dose is being gradually increased to 200mg daily. Oral spironolactone (Aldactone) can only be used by adult female patients.
Possible Side Effects of Generic Aldactone (Spironolactone)
Spironolactone may cause dizziness or blurred vision. Watch for signs of dehydration such as dry mouth or thirst. You may experience loss of appetite, bloating, stomach pain, vomiting, nausea, fatigue, sleeplessness or nasal congestion in the first few days as your body adjusts to this medication.
Other recognized side effects of Aldactone (spironolactone) include numbness and tingly feelings, feeling restless, headaches, muscle pain or weakness, an uneven heartbeat, dark urine, low fever and skin rash. Because of spironolactone’s ability to promote potassium retention in the body, its uncontrolled intake can lead to hyperkalemia (an abnormal increase of electrolyte potassium in the blood), a potentially serious condition.
Spironolactone is an anti-androgen, having strong feminizing effects and thus it can cause testicular atrophy and gynecomastia in men (breast enlargement) and menstrual irregularities in women. In an unlikely event you have an allergic reaction to spironolactone or if any disturbingly unusual side effects occur, contact your doctor.
Safety Precautions While Using Generic Aldactone (Spironolactone)
Spironolactone can elevate your body’s potassium levels. This is more likely to occur in patients suffering from diabetes, kidney problems, in elderly patients or if the patient is severely ill. Potassium levels must be closely monitored in patients with any of these conditions.
If these conditions remain untreated, they can lead to very high potassium levels and become fatal. Besides that spironolactone should not be used during pregnancy as it is excreted into the breast milk. Always discuss the possible risks and benefits of using this medication with your doctor.
What May Interact with Generic Aldactone (Spironolactone)
Before taking spironolactone, tell your doctor if you are taking amiloride (Midamor), potassium supplements or triamterene (Dyrenium). Your doctor may tell you not to take Aldactone (spironolactone) if you are using one of these medications. Other substances that may interact with spironolactone and should be discussed with your doctor are:
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (NSAIDS) such as indomethacin (Indocin), ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn) as well as aspirin
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors such as captopril (Capoten), benazepril (Lotensin), fosinopril (Monopril), enalapril (Vasotec), lisinopril (Prinivil, Zestril), perindopril, (Aceon), moexipril (Univasc), quinapril (Accupril), ramipril (Altace) and trandolapril (Mavik) Barbiturates such as Phenobarbital
- Digoxin (Lanoxicaps, Digitek, Lanoxin)
- Other diuretics
- Medications to treat high blood pressure
- Lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid)
- Oral steroids such as dexamethasone (Dexone, Decadron), prednisone (Deltasone) and methylprednisolone (Medrol)
Last update on 2021-05-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API